Contributors to GSL
(See the AUTHORS file in the distribution for up-to-date information.)
- Mark Galassi
- Conceived GSL (with James Theiler) and wrote the design document. Wrote
the simulated annealing package and the relevant chapter in the manual.
- James Theiler
- Conceived GSL (with Mark Galassi). Wrote the random number generators
and the relevant chapter in this manual.
- Jim Davies
- Wrote the statistical routines and the relevant chapter in this
- Brian Gough
- FFTs, numerical integration, random number generators and distributions,
root finding, minimization and fitting, polynomial solvers, complex
numbers, physical constants, permutations, vector and matrix functions,
histograms, statistics, ieee-utils, revised CBLAS Level 2 & 3,
matrix decompositions, eigensystems, cumulative distribution functions,
testing, documentation and releases.
- Reid Priedhorsky
- Wrote and documented the initial version of the root finding routines
while at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Mathematical Modeling and
- Gerard Jungman
- Special Functions, Series acceleration, ODEs, BLAS, Linear Algebra,
Eigensystems, Hankel Transforms.
- Mike Booth
- Wrote the Monte Carlo library.
- Jorma Olavi Tähtinen
- Wrote the initial complex arithmetic functions.
- Thomas Walter
- Wrote the initial heapsort routines and cholesky decomposition.
- Fabrice Rossi
- Multidimensional minimization.
- Carlo Perassi
- Implementation of the random number generators in Knuth's
Seminumerical Algorithms, 3rd Ed.
- Szymon Jaroszewicz
- Wrote the routines for generating combinations.
- Nicolas Darnis
- Wrote the initial routines for canonical permutations.
- Jason H. Stover
- Wrote the major cumulative distribution functions.
- Ivo Alxneit
- Wrote the routines for wavelet transforms.
- Tuomo Keskitalo
- Improved the implementation of the ODE solvers.
Thanks to Nigel Lowry for help in proofreading the manual.