Temporary Homepage of LEPTO
A Monte Carlo program to simulate complete events in deep inelastic lepton-nucleon scattering. The parton level interaction is based on the standard model electroweak cross sections, which are fully implemented in leading order for any lepton of arbitrary polarization, and different parametrizations of parton density functions can be used. First order QCD matrix elements for gluon radiation and boson-gluon fusion are implemented and higher order QCD radiation is treated using parton showers. Hadronization is performed using the Lund string model. Rapidity gap events are generated through a model based on soft colour interactions.
G.Ingelman, A. Edin and J. Rathsman , April 1996.
Computer Physics Communications 101 (1997) 108-134
- Latest version, Lepto 6.5.1 source code, Oct.31, 1996
- A list of recent updates.
- Lepto-6.5.1 manual (in ps)
- List of tunable parameters.
- Tared and gzip'd package with source code, demo job, manual and Makefile example
- Older versions:
| Lepto 6.5 | Lepto 6.4.1 | Lepto 6.4.0 |
| Lepto 5.2 with manual | Lepto 4.3 with manual |
Updates within the workshop on Monte Carlo Generators for HERA physicsLepto is beeing updated as part of the workshop. Here we will present new versions of old routines which are under development and that will be included in the next version of Lepto.
- LSMALL - has been updated 980722 to also take care of small charmonium and bottomonium systems according to our model presented in Quarkonium production at the Tevatron through Soft Color Interactions , Phys. Rev. D 56 (1997) 7317
- LSCI - has been updated 981215 to include a new option, LST(34)=3, which gives the Generalised Area Law for Hadronic String Reinteractions, J. Rathsman, Physics Letters B 452 (1999) 364. To use the model you also need a new version of the LEPTO routine. There is also a new version of the LWEITS routine which should work better with the CTEQ4L pdf's. For more details see the GAL homepage
Other Monte Carlo Generators
- AROMA- A Monte Carlo Generator for Heavy Flavour Events in ep Collisions
- MAJOR- A Monte Carlo Generator for Heavy Majorana Neutrinos in ep Collisions